How To setup VPN on Synology NAS (PPTP)
The following tutorial was made using a Synology NAS station running DSM 5.0 OS. The following tutorial should be compatible with 4.x versions as well.
Part 1. Before you start
Before configuring the VPN on your DiskStation, please check the following:
Part 2. Connect to a VPN Server via PPTP
1. From your DSM dashboard click on Control Panel. Now click on Network.
2. Click on Network Interface and then on Create.
3. Now, click on Create VPN profile.
4. Choose PPTP and click Next.
5. Enter the details
6. Choose the following authentication mechanism from the Authentication drop-down menu to protect VPN client’s password during authentication.
7. Go to your previously created VPN profile (found in Network Interface on your DSM). Select OneVPN and then click on Connect. You will notice the VPN adapter gets Connected.