Setup PPTP-Protocol on Trendnet Router
- Before you configure “PPTP” protocol on your router you need to make sure that you are able to connect VPN on your PC via PPTP protocol.
- Moreover, the router you are about to configure PPTP protocol must have “Internet Access“.
- The router in question is a separate router, not the one provided by your “Internet Service Provider(ISP)“.
- Refer to the following diagram and make sure the configuration is identical.
- Now access the router’s GUI by typing “192.168.10.1” in your web browser and press enter.
- Default username and password are “admin” and “admin” respectively.
- From the main menu select “Main“.
4. Then select “WAN“.
5. From the drop down menu next to “My Internet Connection is” under “Internet Connection Type” section select “PPTP(Username/Password)“.
6. Select “Dynamic IP” and enter the “server address“. Get the complete list of server from here.
7. Since its asking for the “Server IP address” instead of the usual server address click here to convert the server address into IP address.
8. Enter the OneVPN “username” and “password“.
9. Re-enter the OneVPN “password“.
10. Select “Save” and you are done.