Setup PPTP-Protocol on Belkin Router
- Before you configure “PPTP” protocol on your router you need to make sure that you are able to connect VPN on your PC via PPTP protocol.
- Moreover, the router you are about to configure PPTP protocol must have “Internet Access“.
- The router in question is a separate router, not the one provided by your “Internet Service Provider(ISP)“.
- Refer to the following diagram and make sure the configuration is identical.
- Now access the router’s GUI by typing “192.168.2.1” in your web browser and press enter.
- The username and password is “admin” and “blank” or “blank” and “admin” depending upon the router model respectively.
- From the main menu select “Internet WAN” then select “Connection Type“.
4. Select “PPTP” and then click on “Next“.
5. Enter OneVPN username and password.
6. Re-enter the password.
7. Hostname will remain blank.
8. Enter Server Address in “Service IP Address“. Get the complete list of server from here.
9. Click here how to convert Server Address into IP Address
10. Enter connection ID as “0” number zero.
11. Select “Apply Changes” and you are done.