Why set up a VPN on router?
There are many devices that need online security but do not support VPN like some Smart TVs, Smart Home Controller, Gaming Consoles, Wearable, TV boxes, etc. To use VPN on these devices, you need to configure a VPN on the router. Now you can to connect your all device including PC and smartphones with a single VPN connection. It provides VPN benefits to all devices.
How VPN router secure your home Wi-Fi
Pros and cons of VPN on your router
- Once VPN connected on router, it is impossible to exclude any device not to use VPN connection, although it’s cons but when Always-on VPN is what you needed for privacy and security its pros.
- Complete security for in house device like security cams and DVR and smart TV, you don’t to install OneVPN client app on every device, router VPN solve this issue, pros!
- You can share a single VPN connection among all in house devices, OneVPN allow you to connect 5 devices simultaneously, but router VPN overcome this limit, the cons side is speed limitation of VPN connection.
- Manual server switching and turning off/on VPN on router is cumbersome and cons, OneVPN app is much more convenient way of managing VPN on desktop, laptop and smartphones.
Here are some excellent features that you will get with OneVPN subscription.
So, let's get started.
Setting up a VPN on a router
OneVPN support range of VPN protocols, before setting up your router VPN, investigate which VPN protocol client your router support, typically low end Wi-Fi routers support PPTP, mid-range routers support OpenVPN and High end routers support multiple protocol including ikev2, OneVPN is compatible with all protocols.
Support for setup VPN router
If you are still confused and wondering where to start from configuring VPN on router, OneVPN provide 24/7 live chat support and email support with remote help if required.
List of supported routers
Here's a complete list of routers and their supported protocols in the table given below.
OneVPN steals the show
OneVPN is a complete security solution with remarkable features.
It is a unique tool that gives your device online safety and privacy. Here’s what you shouldn’t miss.
- Free ad blocker
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Anonymous & secure
- Zero logs
- 7-Day money-back guarantee
- P2P file sharing enabled
- Kill switch
- 256-bit AES encryption
- 24x7 Technical support
- OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, OpenConnect, IKEv1, IKEv2
- NAT firewall
- Unlimited servers switch
- High-speed server
- Easy application